The manuscript should be written in English language. Authors need to format their submissions in line with journal's template and upload them as Word files. Authors can download a sample Word manuscript here.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
This Journal of Solid Mechanics has strict policy in dealing with potential acts of misconduct. Authors should refrain from misrepresenting research results which could damage the trust in the journal, the professionalism of scientific authorship, and ultimately the entire scientific endeavour. Maintaining integrity of the research and its presentation can be achieved by following the rules of good scientific practices (such as those recommended by Elsevier or Springer Nature), which include:
- The manuscript has not been submitted to more than one journal for simultaneous consideration.
- The manuscript has not been published previously (partly or in full), unless the new work concerns an expansion of previous work (please provide transparency on the re-use of material to avoid the hint of text-recycling ("self-plagiarism").
- A single study is not split up into several parts to increase the quantity of submissions and submitted to various journals or to one journal over time (e.g. "salami-publishing").
- No data have been fabricated or manipulated (including images) to support your conclusions.
- Authors whose names appear on the submission have contributed sufficiently to the scientific work and therefore share collective responsibility and accountability for the results.
- Manuscripts are sent out for review on the condition that any unpublished data cited within are properly credited and the appropriate permission has been sought. Where licensed data are cited, authors must include at submission a written assurance that they are complying with originators' data-licensing agreements.
Changes of Authorship:
- After acceptance of a manuscript, any changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.
- Requesting to add or delete authors at revision stage, proof stage, or after publication is a serious matter and may be considered when justifiably warranted. Justification for changes in authorship must be compelling and may be considered only after receipt of written approval from all authors and a convincing, detailed explanation about the role/deletion of the new/deleted author. In case of changes at revision stage, a letter must accompany the revised manuscript. In case of changes after acceptance or publication, the request and documentation must be sent to the Editor-in-Chief. In all cases, further documentation may be required to support your request. The decision on accepting the change rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal and may be turned down. Therefore authors are strongly advised to ensure the correct author group, corresponding author, and order of authors at submission.
- Upon request authors should be prepared to send relevant documentation or data in order to verify the validity of the results. This could be in the form of raw data, samples, records, etc.
- When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal's Editor-in-Chief or publisher and cooperate with them to either retract the paper or to publish an appropriate correction statement or erratum.
- Authors are highly advised to read the Plagiarism Policy, Conflict of Interest policy, and the Copyright Policy which follows.
Upon acceptance of an article, authors will be asked to complete and sign a Copyright Transfer form. The copyright transfer covers the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute the article, including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, electronic form (offline, online) or any other reproductions of similar nature.
Manuscript Processing Charge
The journal carries a manuscript processing charge of 1,500,000 Iranian Rials prior to the start of peer review. In addition, a further 3,500,000 Iranian Rials will be charged upon the acceptance of the manuscript for publication. These fees should be paid by bank transfer to the account no. 0105747764003 (Sheba: IR650170000000105747764003) for Islamic Azad University - Arak Branch. A copy of the payment receipts should be sent to the Journal Editorial Office via email. Please note that in the case of rejection or withdrawal of a manuscript, the fees will not be refunded.